Hi,

It depends on the style of your frames in Impress. Check that one:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=67
And make sure that there is a blue checkmark in front of your language (in the
drop-down lists):
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

Hagar

Le 25.04.2009 15:40, Jordan Deitch a écrit :

Hello!

I am in Impress and spellcheck doesn't work.
I go to Options, Language settings and the default language is Finnish.
Can anyone explain to me why it would be Finnish when everything else on
my system is in English?!?

anyway, I click the drop down menu and select "English(USA)" and
Openoffice restarts. Spellcheck still doesn't work and Finish is still
set as the defualt language.

Thanks!
BTW. Please CC me