Jean Lear wrote:
I have been using Open Office for years now with XP.  I updated Open
Office to 3.0.1 at the end of Jan 09. In the past couple of weeks I
have had a problem with some new files made up in OO Writer when
trying to print them.  I have a Brother Laser Printer and a Canon
Pixma printer connected. I do not know whether the problem is with the
Open Office file or the printers but both printers refuse to print out
these files.  The data does not get sent to the printers. To get over
the problem I have copied the file to  MS Word or MS Works files and
the printers will both print them out. Today when I get a refusal to
print I copied the file and pasted it onto another OO Writer file that
I know has printed out in the past (made on an earlier version of Open
Office) and by telling the printer to print page ? where the new work
is the printing can be done. Today I downloaded a new copy of Open
Office 3.0.1 and installed it.  I opened a new OO Writer page, typed a
few lines on it and another refusal to print.  I copied one of the
files that would not print from the previous installation of OO to a
new Writer file and it would not print either. I have just typed some
text into an OO Spreadsheet and it printed OK.  I then copied and
pasted this to a Writer and it would not print.  I am at a loss to
know whether the problem is with Open Office or the printers - more
inclined to think it is in OO.
Has anyone else had such a problem?  Sorry this is so long but wanted
to explain in full what was happening.
Thank you.
me...@gmail.com

I had trouble with my 2.x version that sounds the same as what you
are seeing.

It was in the "user settings" that was created when you installed OOo.
The only way I could get rid of the trouble, was to un-install OOo, then
deleting the OOo folder in Program Files folder.  Then when you install
OOo again, you get the "new user" screens again.  This resets all the
settings, includes the printers.  My printer trouble was either it would
not print, or it printed at 1/4 the size.  I never found out what the
trouble was.  But, I so far have not seen it for 6 months or a year.

It was a "hard fix", since you had to a full clean install, but it
worked for me.