On 05/11/2009 09:02 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> So, if someone will compare with Excel, what do we think about this?
> Should a bit more than 2000 rows take this long to filter?
> Last time I last Excel was Excel '97 on Windows 98 and I remember that
> I was quite disappointed when I switched to OpenOffice.org (version
> 1.0.3 which was the latest version by that time) and did the same
> thing with the same file there, since it took so long.

Recommend that you join the new Performance Incubator group if you want
to dig deeper:

http://projects.openoffice.org/incubator.html
 http://performance.openoffice.org/
  http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Performance

The limited tests of your spreadsheet on different OS's here will likely
be of interest to the group - particularly the differences between OOo
and (U)OOo on the linux side.