Thanks! That was exactly what I suspected.

When I went over from MS Office to OpenOffice.org I had MS Office '97
and Windows 98 or Windows 2000. One of the first things I noticed was
that OpenOffice.org was sooo sloooow, and I think when using
AutoFilter was the first time I thought that this is really annoyingly
slow. My thought was that if it is this slow already at 1000 or so
lines (the file grows every day - the original that is, not this test
version), how slow will it be in a couple of yearas when there are
maybe 10000 rows or 65000 rows? Well, 65000 rows in this case would
maybe happen in like 50-100 years or so, but maybe there could be
other spreadsheets out there, growing faster…

Well, I know, maybe I should use Base for this, but that doesn't mean
that OpenOffice.org doesn't need to be faster.

J.R.