Hi Tim

use the WIN-Explorer
select the tabulator filetype - in the list with "registered filetypes" - you will find the extension von MS-Word - change this to writer and this files will allways open with OO-Writer.

Sincerely
Franz

Tim Stephen schrieb:
Whenever I try to open an attachment (usually word or excel) from my e-mail
(std windows) - it won't open and I have to save it and then open 'open office'
and open it from within - which is laborious.

how do i set preferences so that i can just double click on an attachment in an
e-mail and it will open using open office?