Ladies and Gentlemen
Currently I sometimes use the English version of Oxygen Office 2.3.1 for
Windows (XP).
As a translator I regularly use English, German and Japanese.

For the last year I have been trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to "get
friendly" with Linux. Currently I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed on one of
my old computers. It contains OpenOffice 3.0.

Under windows I have learned, that you choose File -> Wizards -> Install
new dictionaries
in order to get new dictionaries.
So far, I could not yet find this function in the Linux version. Nor
does the spell checker work. A complete nonsense text is "checked" and
"no errors found" displayed. That cannot be right either.

I would appreciate, if someone could point me into the direction, where
I can find in the Linux version, what I am already using in the Windows
version more or less troublefree.

Thank you.
Thomas Blasejewicz