Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> Under windows I have learned, that you choose File -> Wizards -> Install
> new dictionaries

It's not about Windows or Linux, it's about OpenOffice 2.x vs OpenOffice
3.x.

The "Install new dictionaries" wizard has been killed. Dictionaries are
now extensions.

You can add new extensions using the "Extension Manager". It's under the
Tools menu in Writer. There is a link there where you can click to
download extra extensions. But...

If you are using Ubuntu you can click on
System->Administration->Language Tool. In this tool check all the
languages that you wish. Ubuntu will download and install the support
for those languages in all the installed programs where it's available
(OOo included).

I have no access to a computer in english just now, so the names of the
menu items are just "guesses", translated from Spanish. I hope that they
are good enough.

Javier.