ir8geezer wrote:
Final Question: Once I download the Open Office application to a USB drive,
do I need to keep the .exe file?

ir8geezer wrote:
Thanks for help everyone! Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running Windows XP
Home Edition.

Thanks again!

The GEezer

ir8geezer wrote:
I have a lenovo S10 netbook with 1GB of RAM and 94GB of free space on my
hard drive. I only need Writer, Calc, and Impress for my work. Do you
think my netbook will work properly if I install these? Should I install
all programs or just the three I need? Is it possible to do a custom
install?

Thanks for the help!

The Geezer

The USB version of Openoffice.org (standalone) did not work
for me on Vista, but the one that came with the portableapp.com(?)
suite worked.

I downloaded the portable version install file and them installed
it to the USB thumb drive.  Once I tested the program out, I no
longer needed the downloaded file.

I now have the install files for the normal version on a thumb
drive, with the portable version installed on the same drive.
That way I can show it working and then be able to install either
version on their system.  I also have all of the documentation
on the thumb drive as well.