Mathias Bauer wrote:
Web Kracked wrote:

I just ran - Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta

It stated that OpenOffice.org 3.1 was not compatible
with Windows 7.  Of course the "publisher's website"
that the software link listed Nero's website for OOo web site.

Also some articles seems to think Windows 7 will cost at least
25% of the total cost of a new PC.  It also appears that the same
web sites are hosting articles saying MS is already working on
the pre-Alpha version of Windows 8.

Well, if anyone out there have tried the Beta or RC of Windows 7,
I would like to know how well OOo 3.1 works with it.  OR did MS
make some hidden coding that makes sure Non-MS office software
does not work with Windows 7.

Whatever problems might exist between OOo 3.1 and Windows 7, OOo 3.2
(that will be released short after Windows 7) surely will be improved in
that regard.

Ciao,
Mathias

I thought I had ended this thread;
when there was a good reply from someone who was running Win7
and OOo3.1.  Since it worked well, maybe even better than Vista,
the "advisor" for Win7 upgrade was wrong.