At 11:59 28/06/2009 +0100, Graham P Davis wrote:
I need to save a graph as a graphical object, say as jpeg or png. I recall doing this years ago but can't remember how or find anything in "help" as to how to tackle it. I think I did it in OOo, or Star Office, but it might have been in Excel. Is it possible in OOo and, if so, how?

You mean a graph as in Calc?  Try this as a workaround:
o  Select the graph (so that you see the eight green handles).
o  Copy the graph.
o  Create a new text (Writer) document.
o Paste the graph into the text document - but using Edit | Paste Special... (or Ctrl+Shift+V) instead of ordinary Paste.
o  In the Paste Special dialogue, select "GDI metafile".
o  Right-click the graph and go to Save Graphics... .
o  Select your required format from the drop-down list against "Save as type".

You can also do this via a drawing (Draw) document, but the context menu item there is Save as Picture... instead.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker