> I have all my work in doc,xcl,ppt..I installed Openoffice hoping would work
> better than Office which I erased because it was a defective pirate copy.
> Now, when I try to open let's say an MS word doc the computer does not
> automatically know what program to usee to open it. I've read that this
> option of recognizing the right program can be modified during installation
> but I reinstalled three times without finding it. How do I geet the right
> program to recognixe the rghtfil. And last, what a ptoblem did mjkkl?
>
> A disc

In KDE the user can right-click a file, choose Open With then select
an application. There is a checkbox for "remember this application for
this filetype". Does your system not have that? What OS / desktop do
you use? If it's Windows, then I think you have to hold Shift while
right-clicking to get the Open With menu item.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il