Gene Heskett skrev:
On Tuesday 21 July 2009, matt saunders wrote:
I AM NEW TO OPEN OFFICE, AND AM TRING TO LEARN. I DO GET E-MAILS WITH
PICTURES THAT ARE VERY INTERESTING, AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO
ORGANIZE AND SEND PICTURES VIA E-MAIL, CAN YOU ADVISE ME HOW TO DO THIS?

First off Matt, all caps is considered to be shouting & is quite generally frowned upon.
A fair comment....
Second, email isn't one of OpenOffices forte's. Yes, OOo can incorporate your images into a document quite nicely, I've been building my Christmas cards that way since back in 1.1 days. I would import the images, save the file as a .pdf maybe, and mail the .pdf to whomever you want to have it, with the mailer of your choice. A lot of folks like thunderbird, but I like kmail better. That part (what mailer to use) is always a matter of personal taste.
Do a totally newbe know what 1.1 means ??? Is is 1.1 day ago or what?? I?m pretty sure that Matt don?t care about how long you had making Christmas cards.

Third, you can also note that I put my reply below your question. Again this is the natural, and much preferred style on every mailing list I haunt, about 3 dozen of them. Top posting, where you put your reply above the question being asked, will usually get your breeches warmed up. I see you are using windows, from your messages header:

So you may have to manually move the cursor to where you want to enter your answer, and its quite alright to enter your answer below the question, intermixed with the rest of the message so that the context of the "conversation" is in the same order it would be in if you were standing there talking to the other party.

I should offer to send flowers for using windows, but... I'm a linux user myself, since 1998.
Do you send flowers to ALL Windows users or is it just Matt that get that offer???
As you can see in the header... I?m using Thunderbird on Windows....

All he wanted was a helping hand not flowers, ?cause he is new to open office and trying to learn. But maybe it?s me, thinking it was to much "ironi" or what you are calling the flower-offer...

Just my few cents...

// Per