--- On Mon, 7/27/09, Ian <ia...@comcast.net> wrote:

> From: Ian <ia...@comcast.net>
> Subject: [users]  File Formats
> To: users@openoffice.org
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/userguide3/index.html
>
> Rhetorical Question:  Why are the above documents in
> .pdf format as opposed to the OOwriter format?
>
> It would be nice to be able to cut and paste certain
> sections so that I could refer to them.
>
> Ian

Ian:

Can't speak for those who produced the site, but I would personally speculate
on two possibilities.

1) Accommodating those who may want to investigate the documentation but don't
yet have software such as Open Office in place that can handle ODF.

2) It secures the content against tampering to a greater degree than ODF. Sort
of a look but don't touch format.

Just thinking out loud...

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario