Larry Gusaas wrote:
> On 2009/08/04 8:15 PM  Ian wrote:
>> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>>
>>> Henri, the OP isn't subscribed ...
>>>

>> If the OP isn't subscribed, can't he or she still view the answer on
>> gmane?
>
> Yes but highly unlikely. If the OP was using gmane, they would most
> likely have posted through gmane rather than through the moderator.

Ahh . . . I see.  Now it all makes sense to me!  I have seen some
subscribed be able to post.   Forgive me for fanning the flames but I
must say I side with the camp that asks why a person should be able to
post via email, knowing that the poster won't get a response unless some
kind soul CC's the answer to him or her.  It is almost like getting
free, direct personalized customer service for OpenOffice!