On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 09:51 -0400, Web Kracked wrote:

> I just installed Ubuntu 9.04 on one of my machines.
>
> Is there any thing I should know about dealing with
> the Ubuntu version of OOo?
>
> I want to start setting it up with all the extensions
> I have on my Vista laptop, and such.
>
> This is my first step to converting all but one machine to Linux.
> Next will be an HP Athlon64 laptop that is running 32-bit XP/pro
> that will be given a 64-bit OS so I can number crunch BOINC
> projects faster.  Also that will be my default Linux machine.
>
> This Vista one will go to Win7 when it comes out, and working properly.
>
> But now I need all the help with Ubuntu 9 and OOo on Linux as I can get.

I'm coming in late due to time zones- most of the discussion happened
while I was asleep.

There is another problem with the Ubuntu version- Base does not work.
>From memory the problem was something fairly major, something like not
allowing you to open any database.

If you don't intend to use Base that wouldn't be a problem, but it was
for me so I switched to normal OO.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates