This is certainly a fascinating thread; my thanks to all for the details
it encompasses, such as can be found. I'm sure it's not easy piecing all
this together to get relevancy from it.
   I'll bet what MS does is stall off any implementation of any action
via its deep pockets until both products are replaced, followed by a
very fast obsoletion of the Word versions, and no one will win.  Let's
hope OO.o if free of all that malarky.

Twayne`