In a message dated 2009.08.26 06:01 -0500, Richard Travers wrote:

How do you turn a single-spaced Write document into double-spaced?

Why not simply Search and Replace (Cmd-F), put one space in Search and
two in Replace by, then hit the Replace All button (or one by one if
you fear for some problems...)

Er - I suspect the OP is talking about line spacing, not character spacing.

Yes, almost certainly. Yet Guy's interpretation of the question recalls something I've long wondered about. WordPerfect [probably the greatest print engine among word processors, if not simply the greatest word processor] has always had settings not only for line spacing, but also for character and word spacing - the default in all cases being set by the font design, with the user free to adjust by points, percentages or whatever metric suits. Does OO have such capability? [I have searched and not found it.]

John