On Sunday 06 September 2009, Peng Yu wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Gene Heskett<gene.hesk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday 06 September 2009, Peng Yu wrote:

>>>You mean the -devel version of openoffice, or the -devel version of GCC?
>>
>> Likely gcj-devel for starters, but I have a feeling that this may be the
>> first of many errors of this general type.  That gcj error was probably
>> just the first show stopper.  When you install that one, so it gets past
>> the gcj check, there are many more checks that may fall over in a similar
>> manner. :(
>>
>> You didn't state your distribution, or I missed it.  Some distro's
>> (*buntu's) have a build-essentials package that pulls in all that stuff.
>
>Here is my OS info
>
>$ cat  /etc/redhat-release
>CentOS release 5 (Final)
>$ uname -a
>Linux selenium.cluster 2.6.18-53.1.13.el5 #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 13:02:30
>EST 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>$ dmesg | grep gcc
>Linux version 2.6.18-53.1.13.el5 (mockbu...@builder6.centos.org) (gcc
>version 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)) #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 13:02:30
>EST 2008

In a shell, do "yum install yumex"
(it may be installed already, in which case yum will say so.

When that is done, then run yumex and it will default to showing you the
updates.  You are many months out of date.  Then use yumex to install the -
devel stuff you need before you let it quit..

>I compile GCC 4.3.4 from the source code.

I did that once, it was a bear with 4 sore paws.

I'm puzzled that you want to build OOo from srcs.  The ready to run package
is available at www.openoffice.org, why not use it?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

So this is what it feels like to be potato salad