Mark C. Miller wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:29:26 -0700, NoOp wrote:

On 09/17/2009 02:21 PM, James Knott wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Satiesh Bansode wrote:
whether it supports all the fuctions like email(outlook),word,excel
and power point?
There is a "Send" command on the File menu, much the same as in the
MS-Office suite. It is supposed to interface with your default email
client software. I use Thunderbird.

However, while this works on the Windows operating system, I have
never seen it work on Linux.
It does.
         Just fine :-)

Can you give me a hand setting it up? On that particular computer, I use gmail. I've been tearing my hair out trying to find out where/how to set it so it goes to gmail -- it wants to use evolution; I don't.

You can easily configure something like Thunderbird to use [send from] your gmail account. Then, when you want to send from OpenOffice it will invoke Thunderbird and send the message. If you want you need never *receive* using Thunderbird.

Explore from http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=12805 for details of how to set up a variety of different mail clients like Thunderbird to access your gmail account and for a variety of different options for message handling.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England