Fred A. Miller wrote:
Goodbye, OpenOffice.Org. I'm going back to MS Office
<http://ct.zdnet.com/clicks?t=440183855-f09aff1f3240c763b781087d83996fa3-bf&brand=ZDNET&s=5>

For the last three years, I've been using a version of OpenOffice.org on
all of my systems. I'm sad to say that I'm going to move back to Office
2007 on Windows XP and Office 2008 on Mac OS X this week.

He'll probably be back when MS discontinues support for Office 2003 formats -- that's probably not long. The other link (File format blues) seems to understand what a risky business it is to let MS control the formats, but then he caved. Does anybody know if Office 2008 (Office 7?) still reads and writes in those formats? He indicated that he still had to stick with Office 2003 for reasonable interoperability. He also didn't say what version of OOo he was using, so who knows if the problems he was having still exist?