On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 20:11 +0100, steve flynn wrote:
> good evening.
>
> i have searched your extensive site for the answer to my question and i am
> unable  to find it, i have investigated the properties of my open office 1.1
> and still cantt find what i want to do and that is to permanently change
> language of the  spell check to english british as i believe it to currently
> be english u.s
>
> please advise.
>
> many thanks
>

> Steve Flynn

I am not certain I understand your problem. Let me guess that you are
using 1.1.x (hopefully 1.1.4) and have installed ALL the dictionaries et
cetera that you need to support ENglish UK. You can check this by going
to Tools > Options > Language settings and checking. Dictionaries that
are installed show up in the lists with a little icon next to them so it
is a simple matter of selecting what you need as defaults.

If this doesn't get you on the right track, please ask again and include
your OS and release of OOo.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead