M Henri Day wrote:

Drew, this may be a little off-topic, but I find that many of the sound
problems I was having with my HP AMD x86_64 running the notorious Creative
X-Fi sound card have been solved by updating to the Karmic beta with the
2.6.31 kernel. The stable version will be released the day after tomorrow ;
you might want to consider giving it a whirl....

Henri

I have sound issues for my IBM Server when I changed to Linux.

I have an HP AMD64 laptop that one day will run Linux, so
this is good news that sound problems are being worked on.
Like to run 64-bit apps on one of my machines.  Linux is the
best way to go is I can get one to solve the issues for that
HP laptop.  Hope I find one before I have to buy Win 7 for it.