Alberta MOK wrote:
Dear sir,

I'm interested in openoffice but when I try to install the program it says "program
extract unsuccessfully". I'm wondering if there's a older version of openoffice
available so that I can try if I can intall the old one on my computer?
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Alberta

Sounds as if the file you downloaded is either incomplete or has become corrupt. Where did you download it from? You should have got it from <www.openoffice.org>. Have you checked its MD5 sum? MD5 sums provide a way of checking that the file that arrived on your hard disk really is the same as the one on the server from which you downloaded it. Like most well run web sites the openoffice.org site publishes the MD5 sums of all the files available for download. See <http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html> for details.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England