Dear Harold,

Thank you for the fast reply.

I download the software from www.openoffice.org.

I just tried with the older version today, as well as different language, and
it doesn't work niether. It says "extract: error writing to file instmsia.exe"
during the uptracking process. I check it with MD5 and it says that "match".

For your information my OS is MS windows XP and my CPU is intel pentium 4.

Thanks again,
Alberta

> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:31:54 +0000
> From: hwfa.openoff...@googlemail.com
> To: users@openoffice.org; alberta...@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [users] Cannot install openoffice 3.1
>
> Alberta MOK wrote:
> > Dear sir,
> >
> > I'm interested in openoffice but when I try to install the program it says
> > "program extract unsuccessfully". I'm wondering if there's a older version
> > of openoffice available so that I can try if I can intall the old one on my
> > computer?
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alberta
> >

> Sounds as if the file you downloaded is either incomplete or has become
> corrupt. Where did you download it from? You should have got it from
> <www.openoffice.org>. Have you checked its MD5 sum? MD5 sums provide a
> way of checking that the file that arrived on your hard disk really is
> the same as the one on the server from which you downloaded it. Like
> most well run web sites the openoffice.org site publishes the MD5 sums
> of all the files available for download. See
> <http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html> for details.
>
> --
> Harold Fuchs
> London, England
> Please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org

Chat to your friends for free on selected mobiles
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/174426567/direct/01/