I just upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 to see if that fixed the problem - it did not.

When I click save as in writer the place on the save dialog that usually shows a pull down list for Save as type is just background gray. The checkboxes (automatic file name extension and save with password) are also not there.

The text: "Save as type:" is there.

I have all the options when I save as in impress and calc, so it appears that just writer is affected.

I hate to do it, but sometimes I need to save in MicroShaft Word format so I need the capability back.

Any suggestions ?

bill