When you uninstall the old version, MAKE SURE
you delete the folders and files in the Programs
folder for OpenOffice.org.  The problem seems to be
almost like one I had.  OOo sets up a personalized
user file(s) with your document preferences in it.
You MUST get rid of those files to correct problems
with printer preferences, document preferences, and
other things.

If you reinstall OOo and you DO NOT see the screen
that asks for personal information, like your name,
then you do not get all the personalized preference
files deleted.

ALSO go to the following menu
Tools > Options > Load/Save > General

Check
"Always Create a backup copy"
"Save AutoRecovery information every"  -
          choose a low number - 2-3 minutes

There are other options in the you might want to
look at that could make using OOo easier.  Look
through all the options in the Tools > Options
section to get things the way you want.  This
is the information that is stored in the file(s)
you must delete before you reinstall OOo.  Sometimes
something messes with this file and causes many types
of weird errors.

Tim L.

Mark Webster wrote:
A very strange error. I fear it may be your computer failing.

I will suggest to you three things:

1. Reinstall OOo with latest version. Perhaps it may fix. Probably not.

2. Run disk repair utility for your OS.

3. Try other programs to see if they also have this error. Find if
it's your computer.

Think of changes you made in the last 2 weeks. Did you update
software? Did you change settings for disk? Did you get new hardware?
Something must have caused this sudden change.

I hope you can find the problem. Good luck!

iPhone of Gallo