> Can I open files from microsoft 2007 using openoffice?  If so, I am unable
> to, what is the problem?  Thanks
>   Misty Robertson
>
> Speaking the truth in love,
> we are to grow up in everyway.....
> into Christ!! Ephesians 4:15

There was nothing about your message I liked, but let's stick to the
matter at hand.

1) Do NOT send HTML-formatted messages, they are akin to your
blasphemy around here. Send plain text.

2) Be specific: Microsoft 2007 could mean several different programs.
You mean Microsoft Office? Well, yeah, you should be able to.

3) You're unable to do so? You want us to tell you why? We need more
information, sorry. Luckily, we're happy to point you in the right
direction.

OK, check if you have the program installed correctly. In your start
folder, under all applications, there should be a folder that says
"OpenOffice" or something of the like. Inside should be Base, Writer,
Calc, Impress, and other components in no particular order.

Open Writer.

If it started OK, then there is probably nothing wrong. Hit Ctrl-O and
navigate to any .docx file you wish.

Open it.

It should pop up. If it doesn't, you may not have the latest version
of OOo installed. Go to http://openoffice.org and download it again,
then you should be able to.

If you want to make OOo the default for all .docx files, you have to
go to the properties of the file and change it there...though I forget
what the exact process is, because I use better operating systems now.

Cheers,

MarkTraceur

--

"The patient typically finds himself impelled by some deep, inner
conviction that something is true, or right, or virtuous: a conviction

"Most people, I believe, think that you need a God to explain the
existence of the world, and especially the existence of life. They are
wrong, but our education system is such that many people don't know
it."

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to
think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps
because of, the lack of evidence."

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not
understanding the world."

--Richard Dawkins