Please - I need help.

I have had OpenOffice on my Computer for a few years, but recently I had a Java
virus.  AVG could not help me.  I put the Java virus into the vault and the
virus went.

The problem I am having is when I do a presentation on my main machine then
transfer via Pen drive - as usual - onto my Lap top, I find the photos have all
gone and only the outline is left. I have another presentation to do this
weekend.

I have since added

J2SE Runtime Environ,. 5.0 update2
Java 2 Runtime Environ. SEv1.4.2_01

I feel that my problem lies with the Java, so have I downloaded the right
Java's????

Please reply as soon as possible

Priscilla