On Wednesday 15 June 2005 07:37 am, Doug Hernandez wrote:
> On 6/15/05, Julie Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have a question about your download related to the
> > above os.  Number one I am 51 & doing the best I can
> > in keeping up with technology (that may sound funny
> > but relevant.  I have been using with the computer for
> > 12 years but still feel like a beginner).  Number two
> > we use Safari browser.  I am interested in your
> > openoffice for a number of reasons.  But what I am not
> > clear on is: Will it read Microsoft attachments in my
> > e=mail program (our internet is SBC DSL) and will it
> > read and open CD's that we purchase that are Mocrosoft
> > formatted.??????  And which product should I down load
> > if we are a good "fit"?
> >
> > Thanks for your time on this.  Looking forward to
> > hearing from you.
> >
> > Julie Jackson
> >

> > Prayer is the best wireless connection!

> Dear Julie,
>
> OpenOffice is an excellent choice.  It will open any files that you
> present to it, Microsoft or otherwise.
>
> In order to get started, go to openoffice.org and find the Downloads
> link (upper middle of the page).  Click there and begin reading
> instructions. You'll be asked to enter your language of choice and
> operating system, then the download redirector will send you on your
> merry way.
>
> If you need further help, please write back to us.

     May I add to this the following link?
http://ooo.lab-project.net/~ebachard/MacOSX/1.1.4/Tiger/

     An earlier email to this mailing list gave this link as a version
for Mac OSX Tiger. It may be the NeoOffice/J version. (NeoOffice/J is
the same program as OpenOffice.org, but it has been built using Java.
OpenOffice.org requires X11 installed and running, while NeoOffice/J is
much more like native Mac programs.)
     If you write us, please send it to users@openoffice.org rather than
to an individual person.

Dan