Ambitiousboy wrote:

do I understand it correctly, that the most efficient way to copy one cells format to another is to

No, you use a variant of similar menu options you'd use in Excel--copy the cell, do an Edit->Paste Special, remove the check on "paste all" and leave only the option for format checked. Once you've done that, the options remains selected for your next paste.

My understanding is that 2.0 is going to have a paint brush, but all that does is apply the above command. The ability existed in Excel long before anyone put a paint brush on a toolbar.