i cant use your services
-----Original Message-----
Date: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:28:57 pm
To: webmast...@openoffice.org, users@openoffice.org, disc...@openoffice.org
From: "kwalsh2004" <kwalsh2...@gmail.com>
Subject: [users] OO Writer

Hello -

I am writing to every e-mail address I could find on your Contact Us/Help

page on your web site. I teach computers part time at two small private

elementary schools - and one of them couldn't afford the licenses of MS

Office, so we've been using Open Office. I found it to lacking in all the

things that would make it easier for these younger kids to learn the

application, like Clip art, page borders, etc.

That aside, I am writing to tell you of my latest issue. I usually use MS

Word at home to write up my lesson plans, but last week, I updated the

page in Open Office Writer and saved it in the same format (MS Word), not OO

Writer. When I tried to open it today, in MS Word (my home computer) - none

of the text in my table is there - 99% of it has dissappeared! The onlything

left was my headers and 29 blank pages (it was only one page when I saved

it).

I had to download Open Office on my home computer, where I was able to open

the Word document in Writer. When I copied the table into