I agree with James. Good Job!

On 2/9/2010 12:26 PM, James Wilde wrote:

On Feb 9, 2010, at 18:04 , Harold Hauge wrote:

I enjoy this this forum but I just got a sales sales pitch from:

I'm as distressed as you at these occasional messages, Harold, but I have to
say that the list does a good job of filtering out the sales crap.  Over 98% of
all mail on the internet is spam, which means that the messages you enjoy in
this forum are only about 2% of the messages hitting the server.

I'm afraid the only course is to bite the bullet, and accept the odd message
that gets through the filter.  If they made the filter any tougher, it's likely
that some of the real messages would get stopped.

I spent 10 years of my life running the email system of a large ISP here in
Sweden, and before that I had my own mail server, back in the days when one
could do that relatively easily.  That experience makes me realise what a good
job they actually do.

//James