2010/2/12 TomW <tomw...@ctel.net>:
> On 2/12/2010 2:41 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>>
>>> Your character seems to be U+2699 and that character seems (and many
>>> more) seems to be missing. On the other hand, I tested some fonts and
>>> I noticed that some characters were available for some fonts and not
>>> for other fonts, so maybe if you don't know which font contains the
>>> character, if you try them all one by one, you'll eventually find it…
>>>

>> No, none of the fonts listed show that character. Obviously it exists
>> in some font, but how can I know which?
>>

> Dotan:
>
> This website  has information on unicode characters and what fonts contain
> the character in question.
>>
>> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2699/index.htm
>
> TomW

I will bookmark that page, thanks (even though I wasn't the one who
asked the question in the first place…)!
I tried that ”Local font list” and I found that the character is
available in ALL my fonts except WebDings.

OS: Ubuntu 9.10, seems to have 149 fonts installed, according to that list.

So I don't think Dotan has to worry about that the current font
doesn't contain the character. THis seems to be more of an issue about
that OpenOffice.org just don't show all characters, which is obvious
anyway.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg