On 13 February 2010 21:56, Michael Adams <mbad...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On Sunday 14 February 2010 08:31, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> > This website  has information on unicode characters and what fonts
>> > contain the character in question.

>> Not quite. Many fonts don't have all the glyphs mentioned there (the
>> site error on the side of not caution). Also, the Font List tools
>> actually shows glyphs that don't belong to fonts because it also uses
>> a fallback font:
>> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/font/fontlist.htm?text=
>>

> So far as websites go, the user computer uses fallback fonts to view them as
> well. This is both in the browser and in the OS also.

Exactly, which is why a tool like this won't work. It could tell the
user how a particular character when configured for a particular font
will look on _his_system_ but it won't tell hi which fonts contain
glyphs for it.

Is there no way to search fonts for a particular character to see if a
glyph exists for it or not?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.