On 2010/02/14 6:05 PM  Mark C. Miller wrote:
I keep seeing references to this ability to tell if the user is
subscribed and/or what OS is being used.  I can't see this stuff; what am
I doing wrong?  I read my mail via NNTP [gmane] using pan.  Where should
I be looking?

I use Thunderbird to read this lists via NNTP [gmane]. I either use 'view all headers' or 'view source' to see all the message headers. I do not know pan so you can figure out the equivilant.

Your message has the header "User-Agent: Pan/0.133 (House of Butterflies)".

Messages posted through gmane have the header "X-Injected-Via-Gmane: http://gmane.org/";.

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada