2010/2/15 Kathleen Delany <kathleendel...@hotmail.com>

> How long should it take to download the Open Office.org suite of programs?
>

> I have high speed internet access, and it presently shows 4 hours or more
> to download!  Is this correct?
>

> Thank you for your assistance.
>
> Kathleen

Kathleen, it may be the case that the OOo servers are the limiting factor
here, rather than the downstream speed of your internet connexion. If a lot
of users attempt to download the OOo 3.2 files at the same time, the servers
may become overloaded, which leads to a decrease in the speed at which files
can be downloaded. How much time should a download take ? The OOo 3.2
download file is about 150 MB, i e, 1200 Mbits in size ; if your maximum
downstream speed is 10 Mbps, that would imply that *under optimal conditions
* the download should take 1200/10 = 120 s or 2 minutes. Four hours seems a
bit much ; in such a case, I'd pause the download and then try again later
when hopefully, you won't have quite so many competitors for the attention
of the OOO server from which you're downloading....

Henri