In news:blu145-w2775b33466fcd68754c9bdc0...@phx.gbl,
Kathleen Delany <kathleendel...@hotmail.com> typed:
How long should it take to download the Open Office.org suite of
programs?

I have high speed internet access, and it presently shows 4 hours or
more to download!  Is this correct?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kathleen

Hi,

The indicated download speed that you see might be for someone with a 56k modem access. Often you can change the download speed it's giving the timing for; look for a drop down box to choose your DSL speed and you'll see a much shorter time I think.

It's also possible the servers are choking, but I don't think that's the case from what I can see at the moment. Hard to say for sure though.

HTH,

Twayne

Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with
other sources to be certain you have a clear
understanding of it and that it is accurate.