So since the Ubuntu people do not get back to you, I thought that some of the
Linux OOo users might know the software that works with OOo.

I am looking for a Linux/Ubuntu anti-virus program that works
with OOo, Thunderbird, and other stuff like AVG did/does for my Windows
laptop.

Loved to use the laptop, cooking palms, small screen, flaky typing errors.
Now that my new 4-core monster is here, I am using Ubuntu versions of
everything, including OOo as my default, not backup.

The only a.v. is KlamAV and it does not support anything except Kmail and Evolution. I miss the residentual stuff that made sure the documents that come into OOo or downloaded, are clean from nasties. Even if Ubuntu do not get many, I could still get a .doc from someone with a nasty and edit it, pass it along, then POW someone down the line
wants to it me.

AVG does have a Linux version, but it does not install properly. If I have to, I will
try WINE, but it a lots case since the disk format structure is in the mix.

Any help?
Will take off list advice - if it is productive.