2010/2/15 M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com>

> 2010/2/15 NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
>
>> On 02/15/2010 05:57 AM, M Henri Day wrote:

>> > Alas, as is my wont, I spoke too soon ! I've just noted that, for
>> example, a
>> > .doc file sent as an attachment to an email still opens by default in
>> OOo
>> > 3.1. Any suggestions as to how to correct this ?...
>> >
>> > Henri
>> >

>> Yes... save the attachment to a folder and open from there. Otherwise
>> ask on your email client list to find out how to change the defaults in
>> your client.
>>

> Aha, so that's the problem ! I use webmail rather than an email client, as
> I regarding the latter as superfluous now that I am more or less permanently
> connected to the internet. Still, I find it strange that when I choose the
> alternative to download an attachment, the latter opens by default in OOo
> 3.1 rather than OOo 3.2. In the event I find a solution, I'll post back for
> the benefit of other users with similar problems....
>
> Henri

Here's the solution I found to the above question and which I am posting a
bit tardily in accordance with my promise above. What worked for me was to
change the default settings for «Open Document» services under
; in Windows, it is is called «Firefox Options») from «Use OpenOffice.org
appended documents to email messages in, say, Chrome/Chromium as well as
Firefox to OOo 3.2. I haven't tested as yet in Opera....

Henri