Christine Hanley [mailto:snuggles...@verizon.net] complained:

> TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
>
> PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR MAILING LISTS AS YOUR PROGRAM WAS
> AND IS OF NO USE TO ME.  iT DID NOT CONTAIN THE FEATURE i
> REQUIRED AND i WAS COMPLETELY UNABLE TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER
> FROM YOUR COMPANY.
>
> i NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH ANY OTHER COMPANY BUT YOURS AND
> i WILL NO LONGER TRY TO USE YOUR PROGRAM.
>
> i HAVE FOUND SOMETHING BETTER THAT DOES HAVE THE FEATURE i
> REQUIRE AND THEY RESPONDED TO MY QUESTION THE FIRST TIME i
> ASKED IT AND WERE ABLE TO HELP.
>
> THANKS FOR NOTHING!

You are not talking to a company. You are talking to several thousand
USERS of OpenOffice.org office software, who use this mailing
list (users@openoffice.org) to help each other get the most out
of the program.

You did not buy OpenOffice.org.  It is free / no-cost.
So you did not pay any money to any of us. We don't owe you
anything. We are just nice (mostly) helpful (usually) people
(except some trolls...  :-) ) acting as a mutual-assistance
society.

If you don't like OpenOffice for your needs, perhaps you
should direct your correspondence to whoever "sold" it to
you in the first place -- and ask them why they lied to you.

Also ask them why they steered you to this VOLUNTEER
mailing list.

Let us know how they respond, please. We'd be interested
to know who is using us as their "tech support" when they
sell OpenOffice to naive people.

REGARDING your desire to UNsubscribe from the list, here
is some important information:

To unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail to:
 users-unsubscr...@openoffice.org

NOTE
a) The e-mail to users-unsubscr...@openoffice.org can/should
   be empty (any content will be ignored)

b) users-unsubscr...@openoffice.org is NOT the same as
   users@openoffice.org - it's a special administrative
   address that triggers the listserver software to perform
   an action (to attempt to unsubscribe you)

c) When the listserver receives the unsubscribe e-mail, it
   sends an unsubscribe confirmation request to the
   subscribed e-mail account and then waits for a response

d) The user who wishes to unsubscribe MUST respond to
   that confirmation request FROM that account (not from
   any other e-mail account) - otherwise, the listserver
   assumes that the unsubscribe request was just a prank
   from some third party (not from the actual subscriber)
   and does nothing.  Only if the listserver receives proper
   confirmation of the unsubscribe confirmation request
   e-mail does it act to unsubscribe that account.

 e) If all the above has been followed (it takes longer to
   describe it than to actually just _do_ it), and the
   account doesn't get unsubscribed... then the particular
   user has encountered a known problem that afflicts a
   small minority of unsubscribing users, and is stuck in
   'unsubscribe hell' (TM), and should contact Paul or
    another administrator for help.

Thanks,

 - Kevin

PS: typing full sentences in ALL-CAPS is like shouting in
this crowded room, and is considered rude. Please don't shout.

or disclosing it.