> Dotan, when I tried to check out your filing on the freedesktop site, I got
> a message from Firefox to the effect that the certificate being used for the
> site was invalid. Perhaps you'd like to forward this to those concerned ?

They already know. They are of the opinion that Firefox is too strict
and the warning to "scary", furthermore, they argue that their usage
of the certificate is a valid usage scenario. You can add an exception
for that site and use it just fine. It's not "bank safe" but it is not
meant to be.

This is another example of the same issue: different bodies blaming
each other and the user suffering as nobody takes responsibility and
fixes the issue. That is why it is important to comment on _all_three_
bugs that I posted: any of them can solve the issue but none of them
will.

> The original KDE bug reported not being able to use «Ctrl+Shift» to input
> Unicode glyphs ; presently Gnome uses «Ctrl+Shift+u» - but I presume that
> this doesn't work on KDE ?...

Correct. «Ctrl+Shift+u» does not work on KDE because the KDE dev
things that Qt should implement it upstream. Qt does not implement it
because the Qt dev thinks that X should implement it upstream. X
thinks that the downstreams should implement it, just as Gnome has
(Gnome is one of the downstreams).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com