Hi,

You must have a profile somewhere (~/.openoffice.org/3/user). Have you tried to search
for the folder "template" for example?
OOo can't run without this profile, so it is somewhere.

Note that you should never make direct operations in that folder. Use the OOo menu
File>Templates>Organize to manage your templates (import, ...).

Hagar