As far as I know, the thing is called in English a "hanging indent".
You have a number (may NOT be consecutive), an asterix, a symbol or
whatever at the left margin,
then a tab stop to the text. If the following text covers several lines,
the left margin of the text should be aligned with the tab stop.
Something like the following.
* aaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaa

I tried all sorts of predefined paragraph / list styles but could not
find any that would do the trick. In particular since I DO NOT want OO
to put numbers or symbols there.
My endeavors of creating such a style have so far failed and the
official documentation does not contain the keyword "hanging indent".

Has this a different name under OpenOffice?
If the trick is possible, I would really like to know how it is done.

Thank you.