Daniel Lewis wrote:
James Greenidge wrote:
Guy Voets wrote:
2010/3/8 James Greenidge<ji...@mac.com>:
Greetings:

I've a 18-letter document title that I'd like to "color morph" from navy blue with the first letter to deep salmon to the last, but choosing apt
interval colors from the palette by eye seems too imprecise to exact a
smooth properly hued transition. Is there anyway to imbue a line of text
with a "spectrum phase" of colors?

Any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks!

JimWG
I suppose the GIMP can help you do this, see the Logo function (File>
Create>  Logo) or some such... but it may take some time to use it.
(www.gimp.org - open source)

FontWork maybe, but I don't see such a spectrum phase as you call it...

I see what you mean. That gets rather complicated, like maybe explaining my problem! The crux of my problem is figuring out what intermediate pallet colors transitioning from navy blue to salmon to use for each letter in the title heading. It sounds like a color matching puzzle a child would enjoy, but I lost talent long long ago!

Thanks for your response!

JimWG

Perhaps this will help, but a bit time consuming. (You could use Calc to do the calculations.)

You will need the Red, Green, Blue components for both the navy blue and the deep salmon. Calculate the difference between these three values for these two colors. (Some of these differences might be negative.) Then divide the three RGB components differences by 16 to the difference in RGB components between adjacent letters.

For example: RGB for Blue is (0,0,128) and RGB for Light Magenta is (255,0,255). The difference Blue - Light Magenta = (255,0,127). Dividing this by 16 = (15.9375,0,7.9375). Since the RGB values must be whole numbers, I suggest multiplying the RGB result by 1 through 16 and rounding to the nearest whole number. In my case, the second letter would have a RGB of (0+16,0+0, 128+8). Each of these colors can now be created. For the Mac, Preferences > OpenOffice.org > Color (Colour).

Dan
Ingenious solution, Dan! I'll take a crack at it! Thanks!

JimWG