On 10-May-10 03:32, Brewster Gillett wrote:
On 10 May 2010 07:23, Thomas Steel<t.st...@virgin.net>  wrote:

I apologise. I don't know what 'bottom posting'&  'top posting' mean. If
this is a 'top post', perhaps for a 'bottom post' it is possible to type a
reply at the end of all this script. I will try that now. Please let me know
if that doesn't work. TS

<snip>
Harold Fuchs wrote:

"Bottom posting" is placing your text below (at the bottom of) the text to
which you are replying. "Top posting" is placing your text above (on top of)
the text to which you are replying. There is a religious war about the
sanctity of the one and the total ungodliness of the other. Please don't ask
why. The "third way" is to intersperse your comments within the text, with
each comment immediately below the text to which it relates. Some people
believe this is the Only True Way. It would take skills far beyond those
ever dreamed of by George Mitchell
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8659894.stm>to resolve this issue.
bg:

This is hardly rocket science. Posts are more easily and conveniently
absorbed by the reader when they are arranged in their chronological
order, oldest at the top, newest at the bottom. This is irrespective of
whether they consist of multiple interspersions or not.

Those of us who understand this may be forgiven for speculating
that those who don't belong to some hitherto undiscovered species
of primate :-)

Brewster

Better ask for forgiveness before assuming it's granted.

Troll/Idiot
Have a nice day.