Karthikeyan Krishnamurthi wrote:
Hi all
        i am newbie to the mailing list i want to know is there any licensing
issues to provide openoffice as a cloud service.....

and also i want to know is it possible to provide openoffice from the local
server to all the nodes connected with the lan..  [like google-docs which
support throught the internet]

will anyone please help me in this regard....

I'm not sure what a "cloud service" is, but I doubt that there is any licensing issues with OpenOffice.org being used in this fashion. OpenOffice.org is the name of the office suite as well as the main part of the web address. It is distributed free to all. Anyone is permitted to download a copy of it, make as many copies of it, give copies of it to as many people as he or she wants, and install a copy of it on as many computers as he or she wants. All of this is contained in the license. (http://www.openoffice.org/license.html) There are other things you can do with OpenOffice.org spelled out on this web page.

Dan