Daniel Lewis wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 6 June 2010 12:59, Brian Barker<b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>  wrote:
Yes, it's very easy:
o  Create your second document to follow on from your first.  (You can
change page styles and so on, so there need be no similarity between them,
in fact.)
o Ensure your second document starts on an odd-numbered page (whether or
not page numbers appear).
o  Print the entire file.
o Now divide the print-out so that one document is in your left hand and
the other in your right.  (It doesn't matter which is where.)

Than you, Brian, but I am not referring to files to print. I need to
have several Writer documents together, but each is in fact a separate
document. I can put them together in a zip file, but then I need to
open up four OOo Writer instances to open them. Much easier would be
to have "sheets" like Calc has: all the documents in a single Write
file.

Perhaps master documents is what you need. IIRC, the Writer Guide has a chapter devoted to master documents which is available as a separate document or as part of the Writer Guide.

Dan

The idea of having "sheets" like calc would be a nice thing to have as I have had to have multiple docs open to see the correlation between each doc I was reading but, the easiest thing (probably) to do is to put all the docs into one document with a blank page separating the different docs and then zip it up.

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606