2010/6/12 Harrie Borgers <hemborg...@telfort.nl>:
> L.S
>

> A novice's requires
>
> Where can I read more about:      args(0)

Not sure, sorry.

> How to call - in basic - a second spreadsheet with variable name

What do you mean by ”call” in this case? Sorry, my native language is
not English, but I try the best I can. Do you want to create a new
spreadsheet and give it a name?

Have you read Andrew's Macro document? If not I think it would be a good idea.

> How do I read out  the value of cell(3,4) for calculation

If you mean cell D5, try this:

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM  *****  BASIC  *****

Option Explicit
Sub Main
        Dim x As Double

x=ThisComponent.getSheets().getByName("Tabell1").getCellByPosition(3,4).getValue()
        Print x
End Sub
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same thing again, but more readable and with some extra comments:
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM  *****  BASIC  *****

Option Explicit
Sub Main
        Dim Doc As Object, Sheet As Object, Cell As Object
        Dim x As Double

        Doc=ThisComponent
        Sheet=Doc.getSheets().getByName("Sheet1")
        Cell=Sheet.getCellByPosition(3,4)

        x=Cell.getValue()

'       You can also get the formula from the same cell:
'       Dim CellFormula As String
'       CellFormula=Cell.getFormula()

'       And if the cell contains a string:
'       Dim CellString As String
'       CellString=Cell.getString()

        Print x

'       Print CellFormula
End Sub
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A nice thing to do is to install something called ”xray”. It helps a
lot to find methods of objects and things like that.

For example:
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM  *****  BASIC  *****

Option Explicit
Sub Main
        Dim x As Object
        x=ThisComponent.getSheets().getByName("Tabell1")
        xray x
End Sub

This will open a dialog in which you can see all the available
methods, variables and more for that object.
I think you can find xray by any search place, such as google. It's
easy to install too.

Johnny Rosenberg