On 25 June 2010 13:10, InBetweener
<inbetweenercom-openoff...@yahoo.com.br>wrote:

<snip>

> Hi Daniel. Thanks for the reply.
>
> You're right xRy means (x,y) in R. But compare the verbosity. xRy is not an
> MS
> Word notation. It is a mathematical, well established one (see
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/
> Relation_%28mathematics%29#Formal_definition).
> x("slashed" R)y means (x,y) notin R, and is well established too. Of
> course,
> this notation is limited to binary relations. But I work with them most of
> time.
> With MS Word, I can write (x,y,b,...) in R whenever I need. There is no
> such
> limitation. What seems to be a limitation here is that OO Math doesn't let
> me do
> a thing like

<snip>

I'm not a mathematician but the page you cite does not seem to include any
notation for a "not in" that involves any modification of the symbol
representing the relationship (the "R" in your example).

Also, I curious as to what a "slash over the R" (your original question)
actually looks like. Do you mean it looks like an R with an acute accent
over it? A grave acccent? A tilde? What *exactly*?

You might like to try "grave R" or "acute R" in your Math formula.

There's a list at <
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Math_commands_-_Reference>
under "Attributes".

These are the ones I think miight be of interest to you

Operation Command Display  Acute accentacute a*á*  Grave accentgrave
a*à*  Reverse
circumflexcheck a[image: \check{a}]  Brevebreve a[image: \breve{a}]
Circlecircle
a*å*  Vector arrowvec a[image: \vec{a}]  Tildetilde a*ã*
Circumflexhat a*â*  Line
abovebar a[image: \bar{a}]  Dotdot a[image: \dot{a}]
Hope you use HTML e-mail or the above willl probably look like gibberish.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England