In-Betweener ha scritto:
"yahoo-pier_andreit" <pier_andr...@yahoo.it> escreveu na mensagem news:4c28a04a.9080...@yahoo.it...
(...)
in windows I don't know the name but surely exist a similar

click ctrl>F to enter in the search
insert 0338 or the other overlay symbol, the slash will be showed on the map
click on the lower bar where there is the symbols to copy
type the letter you want to "slash through" for example "R"
double click on the slash on the showed map
click on the lower button "copy"
goto in writer or math and paste

math gives me this:
vR̸ times <R>
and correcly shows the "slashed through R"
you could use the shorter slash on the left too

hope this helps :-)

It would *really* help, but the rendering is erratic (maybe because of Windows?). In my system, sometimes xR̸y ends with "x" and "y" mixed at the same position, *before* the "R̸" (!).

This is really a mystery of life... :-)

Thanks any way.

FWIW:

Ubuntu 9.10, OOo 3.1.1